(Għall-verżjoni bil-Malti ara aktar l-isfel)
Note to Parents/Legal Custodians
As has been announced by the Government and the Health Authorities, learners and educators who during the past 14 days have travelled to the indicated countries affected by COVID-19, including Italy (all regions, including Sicily), they need to with immediate effect, self-quarantine at home for 14 days from the day of their return to Malta.
Parents/Legal Custodians are reminded that in case that their children show symptoms of fever, cough or sore throat, they should not send their children to school.
Parents/Legal Custodians should consult their family doctor, follow prevention routines issued by the Health Authorities and cooperate with schools.
In general, it is important to keep to these routines:
- Wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds, and if not available, use alcohol-based hand disinfectant;
- Cover mouth when coughing with a tissue or sleeves;
- Cover nose when sneezing with a tissue or sleeves;
- Dispose of used tissues immediately;
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth before washing one’s hands;
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Parents/Legal Custodians are requested to follow these instructions and national directions that will be issued by the Health Authorities.
In the meantime, the Ministry for Education and Employment will continue to keep schools and educational institutions adjourned with directions given from time to time by the Ministry for Health.
Therefore, your cooperation is highly solicited.
Ms Maria Mc Namara